As a member of the Great Oaks Tutor Corps, you will mentor and tutor middle and high school students at a Great Oaks Charter School for the duration of one school year (August to June). This is a service role through AmeriCorps with regular full-time hours Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
The ideal candidate for the Tutor Corps is a recent college graduate, passionate about service and enacting social change. Great Oaks has schools in Newark, NJ, New York, NY, Bridgeport, CT, and Wilmington, DE, and is seeking tutors for all sites. The Tutor Corps plays an integral role in helping our schools achieve their mission: to prepare students to succeed in college. Great Oaks is seeking individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, and up for one of the most rewarding challenges of their lives.
As a Tutor Corps member, you will work with middle or high school students to provide individualized tutoring in small groups. Many of our students enter Great Oaks below grade level and this role requires hard work, creativity, and a dedication to helping students beat the odds.
- Provide daily tutoring to several small groups of Great Oaks students
- Assess student progress on a regular basis
- Work with students to set individualized, student-driven goals
- Support Saturday Academy over the course of the school year when necessary (dependent on campus placement)
- Actively participate in meetings pertaining to your role as a tutor and the success of your students
- Develop relationships with families through weekly phone calls about student performance
- Be present during transitions and escort students when necessary
- Engage with students during their lunch period
- Assist with other activities and projects that directly impact student success, including: providing in-class or curriculum support, organizing or leading after-school clubs, attending family events, or working with our culture teams
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...